Have Questions? We’ve Got Answers!
Below is a list of faqs about our various services and events.
1) What do I need to bring with me?
Bring appropriate clothing and your weapons of choice. It is recommended that you bring bottled water to carry with you in the field. Effective Hunter Orange vests & hats are REQUIRED to be worn by all hunters while hunting on the ranch.
2) What is the preferred weapon for hunting?
At 7D Ranch Texas we recommend you shoot a .243 caliber rifle or larger when hunting all animals. Bow hunting is also a great means of harvesting your game. You can also hunt with pistols and crossbows at 7D Ranch Texas. NO Full Metal Jacket Bullets Are Allowed, you must use a hunting round. Bow Hunting with 3 or 4 bladed broadheads only! No 2 Bladed Broadheads will be allowed for Hog Hunting!
3) Is this a guided hunt?
Our hunts are fully guided.
4) What happens if I wound an animal?
Ranch policy states once blood, hair, bone or any other sign of contact with the animal shot at is found, the animal is then the responsibility of the hunter and will count as a kill.
5) Where do I sign-in once I’ve purchased my hunt?
You will fill out your Release of Liability and Hunter Profile when you arrive at the ranch or online. All guests are required to fill out both.
6) What deposits are needed to buy a hunt?
To purchase your hunt, you will need to place an initial at 7D Ranch. The initial deposit will be based on the particular hunt package you are purchasing. A hunt requires 50% down, with the balance due no later than 30 days prior to arrival. If you purchase your hunt within 30 days of arrival, the entire balance will be due immediately. Deposits can be made online.
Links for Deposits are on each hunting page.
7) Where can I mail my payment?
Please mail payments with name and contact information to the address below:
7D Ranch Texas
2729 CR 305
Navasota, TX 77868
8) What type of clothes should be worn?
In Texas, you always have to be prepared for any weather. You will want to bring waterproof boots in the event of bad weather. In fall, winter, and spring, be prepared for cool to cold weather. In the summer months, you will need to dress light. Bring your camouflage, sunscreen, etc.
9) Is a freezer and ice available at the ranch?
A freezer is available at the ranch. Please be prepared to get your own ice on the way home from your hunting trip.
10) What type of hunting license do I need?
If you are hunting hogs, cats, varmints, and exotics, non-resident hunters will need a non-resident 5-day special hunting license (type 157) which can be purchased at any Texas sporting goods store or Wal-Mart.
Youth license for under 17 yrs. old; resident or non-resident (type 169).
Texas residents will also need a general hunting license.
For hunting whitetail deer, you will need a Resident Hunting (type 101) or General Non-Resident Hunting (type 105).
Please refer to the Texas Parks and Wildlife link on our website for more details and the most current information.
11) Do I need a Hunter Education Card?
Yes, you will need to have a hunter education card.
Please refer to Texas Parks and Wildlife for all of the hunter education regulations and the most current regulations.
12) Is there a taxidermist available for my trophy?
7D Ranch can make recommendations for a local taxidermist.
13) Can someone clean and quarter my animal?
It is mandatory that the ranch staff does all
All skinning fees subject to change please check website for most up to date prices before your trip.
14) Can I take my animal back home if I am flying?
Yes. Your meat can be packed in a cooler that is bought at the local Wal-Mart and taken home on your flight. Please check with you airlines for specific carry-on and check-on information.
15) What do I need to know when flying with my weapons?
All airlines allow guns to be flown with the luggage. Please check your airline for their specific guidelines.
The ranch is located 60 miles southwest of Uvalde, TX and 140 miles southwest of San Antonio, TX. The closest town to us is Eagle Pass, TX.
16) What airport should I fly into?
You can fly into Houston, Austin, or College Station.
17) What other costs should I expect once I’m on the ranch?
Please allow for guide fee, animal cleaning fee, and gratuities. We accept all major credit cards.
18) Do I need to rent a car if I fly?
Yes. Because of the distance, we are not able to pick you up.
19) Can I add days to my hunt?
Typically we can accommodate additional days. Please call our staff to make ask if there is additional available space for your trip.
20) What other animals can I hunt, and what is the cost?
We have several varieties of red deer, axis deer, fallow deer, blackbuck antelope, feral hogs, and whitetail deer. Most exotics can be hunted year-round. Native animals can only be hunted when in season. Exotic hunts range in price depending on species. Prices Subject to change.
21) What if I want to bring an extra hunter?
Extra hunters can be brought when booked in advance. Please call the ranch for availability.
22) What if I want to bring a non-hunting guest?
Non-hunting guests are welcome for an additional fee. Prices subject to change. Non-hunting guest can accompany the hunter in the field if the guide fee is paid for the non-hunter.
23) What is the customary gratuity?
Gratuity is not mandatory, but is always appreciated. If you have enjoyed your hunting experience with 7D Ranch, and our staff has done a great job with you and your party, give your guides and cooks a tip…It’s a great way to say thank you!
24) How are the hunts conducted?
Hunts are conducted in hunting stands and areas throughout the ranch.
25) Is this hunt recommended for younger hunters?
With parental guidance, this is a great hunt for younger hunters. We are very excited to get youth and first time hunters into the outdoors.
26) How long do I have to book the hunt once it is purchased?
Unless otherwise specified, you have up to two years to redeem your hunt, based on availability.
27) What are the lodging facilities?
All hunters will be provided a room in the main lodge or cabins on the ranch.
28) Do I need to bring a cooler?
If you are driving, please bring your coolers, however if you are flying, coolers can be bought at the local Wal-Mart.
29) Are meals provided?
Yes meals are provided by our ranch cook. Coffee, tea, and water are always available as well as alcoholic beverages after the hunt with appropriate age groups. Snacks, bottled water, and soft drinks are not provided.
30) Is there a place to sight in my weapon once I arrive?
Yes, we have a permanent gun range out to _____ yards and a permanent bow range consisting of ____ yards, _____ yards, and _____yard targets. Our gun range is used for the purpose of sighting in and checking weapons. The gun range is not open to leisurely shooting, and is not open if any other hunter is in the field.
31) Is an insect repellent needed?
You will need mosquito spray except in December-February.
32) Is Alcohol allowed on the ranch?
Yes, however drink responsibly. Alcohol is provided once hunting for the day is over. Over-drinking and getting drunk is not tolerated. 7D Ranch and its staff reserve the right to refuse alcohol at any time. Clients who become too drunk or disorderly will be asked to leave.
33) Ranch policy changes
The ranch reserves the right to make periodic changes to the FAQ as needed, as well as price changes and all fees. It is recommended that you review the FAQ on our website one last time before attending your hunt.
34) What if I need to cancel or reschedule my hunt?
You can cancel your hunt, but will forfeit your payment if it is not rescheduled. There are no refunds for hunts not taken. You can reschedule your hunt with no penalty, as long as it is rescheduled within 1 year of the original date based upon availability. 30 days notice must be given to reset a hunt to avoid forfeit. Only upon approval of the ranch, will an exception to this guideline be allowed for late cancellations.
35) What to bring on your hunt…
- Appropriate hunting attire. Camouflage, jackets, boots, gloves, hats, etc… We do require a hunter to wear hunter orange on their head, chest, and back during hunting times.
- Optics – Good Binoculars are always a key during your hunting trip. Range finders are always a good idea as well, especially if you are bow hunting.
- Weapons –Bow hunters we ask that you are pulling at least 40 lbs or a 28 inch draw and require broadheads (no field tips allowed or 2 bladed broadheads). NO Full Metal Jacket Bullets Are Allowed, you must use a hunting round.
- Spot Light– If you plan on hunting during the night for wild hogs, you will need a spot light (preferably with a red or green lens) to see your target.
- Flashlights- A good thing to have while hunting during early morning, late evening, night hunting, and of course tracking any wounded animals.
- Coolers- You will need to bring enough coolers to take your meat home with you. We have both walk-in coolers and freezers to store your meat in and prep it for your travels home.
- Drinks & Snacks- We will provide all of your meals, coffee, tea, juice, and water. If you want any bottled water, sodas, Gatorade, or snacks, please bring them with you.
- Toiletries- You will need to bring your own shower and grooming essentials with you.